Thursday, June 20, 2013

Running is my thing

So lately I've gotten into running and it feels amazing! I've always had a love/hate relationship with it and I've told you guys this already but now I'm going out and running everyday and guess what?! I'm at 177! Which is great cause for the past couple weeks I've been stuck in the 180's even going as high as 186 like a week ago D: so I've been running a mile everyday, except yesterday I ran two miles (: today I'm limiting my calories to 500 because yesterday I went up to 1400 D: I didn't even have that much to eat yesterday, my family and I went to a restaurant and I got the veggie burger that comes with fries and some strawberry and rhubarb cobbler (it's my vice) so it sky rocketed up to 1400. Even though I ran yesterday I only burned off 232 calories but since I ate the meal around 1 in the afternoon my body burned off the calories by the time I went to bed and I woke up 2 pounds lighter (: so far I've had 447 calories so I'm really squeezing it in there but tonight I'm going to run another mile so hopefully I'll lose more weight tomorrow. My impossible goal is to lose 40 pounds by mid/end of July, so far I've lost like 7 pounds because I made the goal when I was at 185. Two days ago I only ate 700-800 calories and then I had a net calorie intake of 565 after my run and I lost some weight so I hope hope hope I can make my goals. I need that bikini body this summer!
My parents gave me a budget of $50-60 for two weeks of food, which in this economy is not a lot of money, so I bought healthy food (hardly any junk) and I spent like all $60. I've been reading the diets of the victoria secret models because they are my ultra idols/thinspo and miranda kerr (my role model) said that she likes to eat chia seeds to help her feel full. So I looked them up and they are expensive as hell but they do have a lot of fiber and protein and even omega-3's, so when I went shopping I picked some up (a small bag for $4.99! D: ) and I've been eating them everyday for breakfast, in my yogurt or cottage cheese, in juice or water or fruit smoothies, and they don't taste like anything so they adapt to whatever they're in which is really nice. They make me feel full longer, because of the fiber, and they seem to give me more energy during the day which is keeping my metabolism moving. Other than chia seeds, I bought some grapes and strawberries, almond milk, fruit juice, spinach, frozen vegetarian chicken, veggie eggrolls, healthy chips, low fat granola, non fat cottage cheese, non fat yogurt in raspberry and vanilla, pasta noodles and spaghetti sauce. All in all it's mostly healthy stuff ( I bought my groceries just in case of binges, this way I don't binge on junk.)
Hopefully tomorrow will be 175! I might run two miles today but I don't want to chance it because the last thing I need right now is to get hurt and be out of commission. I'll update more tomorrow (: Wish me luck!

p.s. one thing that keeps me motivated is that I took before pictures and I look so ugly in them that I keep repeating in my head "do it for the after picture" because that's one of the things I'm most looking forward too.

p.p.s. I'm adding a couple pictures of what I eat in a day and how I look after I workout lol. If you're not sweating after a workout, you're doing it wrong!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the loss hun! You're doing great and your food sounds so yummy and healthy :)
    Do it for the after photo!
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete